Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nautical Nonsense

According to me,
that describes my day with this outfit. Lots of nautical nonsense (although, the only thing that made it nautical was this shirt). Today was supposed to be my relaxing day of the week, but it ended up being so busy! Typical Wednesday; oh Hump Day. So good but so bad.
Today started with me skipping my run (I know I know, it's shameful) due to the hot and humid weather. It wasn't too sunny, but I felt like I could grab the air it was so humid out! So after a lazy morning, I ended up going to the new Salvation Army with my good friend. I have been looking for a vanity/desk for my new apartment house. Lo and behold I found one!
It's got this great antique feel to it, and I got it for only $40. It probably wasn't worth that much, but I loved it too much to care. It's currently off white with some gold trim; I'm going to repaint it a fresh and nice white.
After that success, I lazed around with my friend and we chatted for a while. I then met my boyfriend for dinner (as we do every Wednesday).
So for all that busyness, I wanted to wear something loose, comfortable, and cool. Anything form-fitting would have killed me in this humidity.
So I chose this. It's pretty much just a variation on my normal summer outfit. Shorts, fun top, watch, and some statement jewelry. Nothing special but very comfortable.
The hair was a mess, but what can ya do?

Shirt: H&M
Shorts: Old Navy
Belt: Vintage
Necklace: Fossil
Watch: Fossil

P.S. You'll notice a variation in hairstyles and accessories. That's because I was lazy and didn't take all of my photos at the same time. The bun = end of the day haha.








15 comments:

  1. I love me some nautical nonsense, and you need to post photos of the vanity!
    for $40, I'd still call it a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha nautical nonsense, love it.. I too have been skipping out on runs.. I don't think it is really worth it with how hot the weather is..

    Love!...Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment. :)
    I like your shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, love the stripes :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me a bit of naughty nautical!

    That top looks great on you!

    x
    Jess
    SparksandFireworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos & beautiful necklace!

    BTW, I'm hosting a Shopbop giveaway on my blog at the moment; come along and enter :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stripes and the nautical theme. It's such a versatile pattern and looks great on you!

    invasionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stripes! The necklace is a nice detail.

    http://shannonsometimes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute!! I love your blog, missy!! :) yeah… the weather sucks here in Indiana, too…. meh…

    xoxx Monica
    fandml.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. basic but nice!


    - True


    http://itstrued.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

According to you,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...