Monday, August 23, 2010

Icon: Lucille Ball

According to me,
Lucille Ball (and her trademark red hair) have influenced my fashion choices for a few years now. I have always loved the show I Love Lucy, for both the comedy and her clothes. Lucy Ricardo wears a mix of feminine, masculine, structured, loose, patterned, and solid clothes. She has a multitude of hats and coats and scarves. I love the hats the most, personally. I've always been a hat girl, I just don't look good in them. I also love her bright red lipstick. It's such an interesting mix with her bright hair. Clinique has a few red lipsticks that would look great on almost anyone; vintage wine, red red red, and angel red. Based off of Lucille Ball, I went hunting for pieces I feel represent her and her style aesthetic. Enjoy :)




IMGS: Forever21.com Delias.com Charlotterusse.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,

    Thanks so much for coming to visit. I just dropped by your blog and wanted to tell you that it is a very unique concept you've got going here you know. I am not very good at creating collages and stuff but I love the art and creativity that lies behind it. :)

    I am following you now. :)

    Love from Toronto Canada.

    http://tashrin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lucy! She's just my favorite. Such a beautiful, brilliant, hilarious woman. I try to start every day with an episode of I Love Lucy, it's just about my favorite show in the whole world. I love the collage you put together! So many of those pieces really look like just the sort of thing she would wear today. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by SHE and for following us! I'm following you as well. Beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete

According to you,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...