Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blogger Feature: Blah Blah Becky


According to me,
exploring new blogs is one of the best things about blogging. I came across Blah Blah Becky a few weeks ago, and I really love it. She has very cute and fun style. Some of my favorite posts are herehere, and here.
Here are some of the questions I asked her:
1.       What inspired you to start your own fashion blog? 
In a nutshell, I was bored after being made redundant and needed somewhere to express myself creatively. I'd been reading other people's blogs for quite a long time and it just seemed natural to begin my own as I've always loved writing.
2.       What do you enjoy most about blogging? 
The main bonus for me is that it's enabled me to 'meet' like-minded people from around the world. The blogging community is just so friendly: everyone I've encountered has the attitude "the more the merrier", there has been no bitchiness or competition at all. In fact I think all bloggers are keen to share the love and promote each other - by doing things like this feature!
3.       Who is your fashion icon? 
Audrey Hepburn will always be an icon of mine, not only for her timeless fashion sense but also because she was just a wonderful human being. 
I also love the style of Olivia Palermo and Diane Kruger. They just never get it wrong!
4.       What is your favorite blog to read? 
It's really hard to choose just one but if pushed I'd probably say Cupcakes and Cashmere. I've been reading blogs for years and the two I've stuck with since I first discovered fashion blogs are Liberty London Girl and Kingdom of Style. They are always fresh, honest, and cover a range of topics. My new favourite is Kendi Everyday - I don't know how I let her pass me by until now!
5.       What is your favorite current trend? 
Oh my god I am loving SS11! There isn't a trend I DON'T like! I think the romance/ballet look is most easily incorporated into my current wardrobe as it's most like my natural go-to style but I can't wait to experiment with the colour pop trend once the weather warms up. Until then I'm easing myself into it by adding small accents of colour to my outfits (a bright watch/bag/etc.).
6.       Who is your favorite designer? 
I can't pick just one, sorry! Some of my favourites are Sonia Rykiel, Alber Elbaz, Alexander Wang, Mary Katrantzou, Phillip Lim, Holly Fulton, Collette Dinnigan, and Erdem. And Luella Bartley needs to start up again, she was just amazing!
7.       What is your favorite place to shop? 
It's safe to say that most of my wardrobe comes from ASOS, H&M or Uniqlo. For decent quality clothes at purse-friendly prices they're unbeatable. Shoe-wise I think River Island is the best on the high street but Kurt Geiger is great for an occasional treat! But for the overall experience my favourite place to shop has to be Selfridges - HEAVEN.
8.       What’s one trend you’d love to see make a reappearance?
I would have said 70s but here it is! I'm so happy that flares and floppy brimmed hats are back. So seeing as that one already has made a reappearance I'm going to go back in time a little further and say the 60s. I love looking at photos of Brigitte Bardot, Pattie Boyd, Jean Shrimpton, Mary Quant, Jackie O, and other icons of that era. The whole look was so simple but just gorgeous.

Blah Blah Becky

Blah Blah Becky

Blah Blah Becky

Blah Blah Becky

I 100% encourage you to go check her blog out!

On another note, I'd love it if you could follow me on ChictopiaFashiolistaTwitterFacebook, or click the little hearts next to my pictures to add it to your inspirations on Hypeed. I would really love if you'd like me on Facebook; my page is only for my photography and I'm trying to get as many followers as possible. Thank you so much!!

Stay fun.

10 comments:

  1. Love Blah Blah Becky, so nice to read your profile on her! You have lovely photos throughout your blog, it is a pleasure to read :)
    xo Cara
    http://www.afashionloveaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. :)
    Do you like to follow each other? Let me know.
    have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it when you share new bloggers- how fun. she's so adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her style! Amsterdam is such a cute and fun city..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love finding new blogs!! i'll definitely have to check out blah blah becky. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the outfit in the first picture!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww :X She looks so sweet. Definitely checking out her blog.

    Also, I'm hosting a ModCloth Giveaway if you're interested! :)

    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. she does have such a great and cute style, really love her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for featuring me (sorry I've only just had chance to see, I've been away for the weekend!)!!

    Thanks to everyone above for your lovely comments too *blush* ^_^

    xo

    ReplyDelete

According to you,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...