Monday, August 30, 2010

Feature: Closet Fashionista

According to me,
this is a blog that I look forward to reading every day. She creates interesting posts, and all of the clothes she uses are within my budget! I did a mini interview with her so all of you could hopefully visit her site and follow. Here it is, enjoy :)


1.       What inspired you to start your own fashion blog? Last summer I found Sea of Shoes through Teen Vogue and I started following Jane, then I started to find more blogs and followed them too. So I decided that since I love fashion too why shouldn't I have my own blog to show my inspirations and opinions.  I also thought it would be a great way to make myself learn more about the industry so I can eventually get my dream graphic design job at Vogue (or anywhere in fashion really)
2.       What do you enjoy most about blogging? I really love everything about it. I love hearing what people have to say about my posts and I love commenting on everyone else's blogs. It really is one big community and I enjoy that so much.  I am a shy person in real life, but on my blog I can really express myself and I don't worry what people think.
3.       Who is your fashion icon? I have so many, some celebrities and some bloggers.  So I'll say a few of each.  Andy from Style Scrapbook is definitely one of my favorite bloggers and she has a style that is very similar to what I would love to wear; cute blazers, shoes and jeans.  But I also love Le Blog de Betty and The Cherry Blossom Girl among many others.  With celebrities I love Clemence Poesy, Emma Watson and Keira Knightley just to mention a few.  They all have their own quirky styles and are (almost) always perfectly dressed.  I also really love Caroline Sieber's style, I found out about her since she has styled Emma on a few occasions.
4.       What is your favorite blog to read? There are so many, but as I said before some top ones are: Style Scrapbook, Le Blog de Betty, Le Blog de Sushi, The Cherry Blossom Girl, Sterling Style, Flashes of Style, Belle de Couture and lots more.
5.       What is your favorite current trend? Hmm....hard one since I don't really go with trends, I mean I guess I do subconsciously, but I just wear what I want, so I don't have a favorite trend at the moment.  But I think one of the fun things about fall will be that velvet is back in! I remember when I used to have tons of long sleeve shirts that were velvet, soo comfy!
6.       Who is your favorite designer? Too many to choose from!  I definitely love Marc Jacobs, Burberry Prorsum, Chanel,  Pringle of Scotland, Alexander McQueen, Moschino, Philip Lim, Alexander Wang, Miu Miu, Chloe, Sass & Bide and sooo many others.  But I guess my all time favorite would have to be Marc Jacobs, my first designer splurge was on a Marc Jacobs jacket that I got for $80 on eBay (I can't wait until I can wear it again!)
7.       What is your favorite place to shop? eBay! Ha ha, just kidding, sorta. But if I'm actually going into a store...I love going to DSW even if I don't buy anything.  Online I love ASOS (even though I've only ordered once).  Other than that, I'm not really sure since I get things at totally random places. For example: American Eagle, Forever 21, Burlington Coat Factory, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and places like that.
8.       What’s one trend you’d love to see make a reappearance? I can't really think of anything at the moment since what I wear always changes and I go through phases.  Maybe corsets and big huge dresses ;) Though I don't know if you would call that a trend, it would be a fun way to dress, but painful.  Or just living back then so girls would wear gorgeous dresses every single day.
Some of my favorite posts of hers are here, here, and here.

I love her outfit in this photo! The boots are stunning, and the pants hit them just right. The blazer is so chic :)
Here is a link to her blog : http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/
I encourage all of you to check it out, she really writes a great blog :)

7 comments:

  1. Love her blog too! and that pic was one of my favorite outfits featured!

    www.originalprototype.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I loved reading this! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed
    Closet Fashionista is a great blog to check out =)

    -Bionica

    ReplyDelete
  4. great interview! i'll be sure to hop on over to her blog and check it out :)

    stayfabulous,
    zarna
    http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her blog too! :D Her style for less posts have some great alternatives for high end fashion :D

    Love,
    Gets

    http://wastedseventeen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her. I am already an avid reader.

    ReplyDelete

According to you,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...